Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Diamond River - New Year's Eve

EDIT: Since the writing of this entry Diamond River has shut down and been replaced with Red Pig Inn, a BBQ joint with pretty good ribs.

To celebrate the coming of 2006 we had our friends Rob and Debbie back in town. We decided to make reservations at Diamond River only after hearing that Japan West was having a $60/plate flat rate dinner on the festive night.


I don't think it was a mistake at all. Diamond River gave me one of the best meals I have had in a while.

I ordered the Smoke House Platter. It was the perfect man's dinner. Meat, potatoes and corn bread. What more could you want??

The meal had a half rack of ribs, beef briscuit and a half cornish hen, all covered in a great Bar-B-Que sauce.

Three different animals to munch on between glasses of great red wines.


Overall I give Diamond River a A-.

The food was great and the menu seemed to have something for everyone. The waitress was a little slow to fill the drinks, but she seemed to be extremely busy. I think there was a poor management decision and they seemed understaffed for the busy night.

A great meal.

No comments: