Sunday, June 04, 2006

Waldo Peppers

Waldo Pepper's
Main Street
Findlay, Ohio

Andrea and I went out to eat in Findlay this week and chose Waldo Pepper's as the place to go. I wanted to give it a shot after running into the owner at the Rally in the Alley. (Waldo Peppers often brings free food to the rally.)


Waldo Pepper's had a nice atmosphere and felt casual. The dining room is large and there is a long bar. There was a little bit of a wait to get seated as the hostess apparently isn't very attentive. Luckily, the waiter was great and we never had another service problem.

We started off with a 9 Layer Dip with chips. The dip was fantastic and we probably had enough in the dip to count for the whole meal.

For our entrees Andrea ordered the Honey Dijon Chicken Salad. And I selected the Turkey and Swiss Wrap and substituted Veggies for the French Fries (gotta watch my figure!).

The food arrived in short order and looked great. My wrap was giant and after enjoying half of it, I decided to save the second half for lunch the next day. The vegetables were a California blend and had a just a hint of seasoning which made the flavor really come out of them. They tasted just as good as a French fry would have. (I have sampled the French fries since and they are great, fresh cut.)

To wash down my dinner I enjoyed two bottles of Miller Lite. Served quickly and ice cold, just the way I like it. Although I was sticking to the American Macro-Brew it appeared that they had a long list of Micro and Imported beers.

Overall, Waldo Pepper's is a nice place to go and have a casual dinner, with friends or by yourself.

I give it a B. Which is pretty good in my book.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dan-have you tried Rossilli's?

Unknown said...

If it's a ROYAL flush, you can.