Sunday, October 30, 2005

Drew's Place

Drew's Place
Findlay, Ohio 45840

Drew's Place is a private restaurant on the South side of Findlay. This exclusive club was kind enough to allow me to dine with them on Friday night before the local football game. The theme of the meal was of course Tailgating.

When we arrived I understood why the owners insist on maintaining the private status of their restaurant. They maintain a very personal and relaxing atmosphere. Everyone dining that evening knew each other well and there was a great feeling of camaraderie.

The one downfall with Drew's Place was the BYOB status that it has. After a horrible run-in with a 13 year old, a case of Beer, and Jeremy, they lost their liquor license and have since asked patrons to bring their own libations. I decided to bring some Amberbock and I was good for the night.

The meal consisted of cheeseburgers and hotdogs fresh from the grill, chicken wings, chips and dip, and Gourmet Cheesy Potatoes.

The burgers where cooked to about medium and were still juicy and tender. The highlight of the meal though was the potatoes. These potatoes kept me coming back for more. They truly were incredible. I have seen a similar recipe made in kitchens back home but never using the shredded potatoes which really added something to the dish.

After finishing up the burgers everyone headed out to the football game. The tailgating themed dinner at the luxurious Drew's Place complete.


The Grade: B
Would have been higher but I still think Rossilli's was better. Right in there though.

9 comments:

Darklawdog said...

Very nicely done. I really wish I could remember that incident with the 13 year old, but for some reason it seems to be absent from my mind. I guess it could have something to do with a case of beer.....or.....

Fat Dan said...

Hatefatdan: Don't be jealous that you don't have the mad skillz that I got. How can someone judge a hamburger? Go have a whitecastle and then go have a Wendy's Triple. you will then start to judge hamburgers for yourself.

Also, the Caps Lock key is to the left of the letter "A" and above the shift key on your standard qwerty keyboard. I suggest you play around with it some and figure out what it does. You can present your ideas much better by using punctuation and sentence structure, rather than simply type in caps and use double commas. McDonalds is on my list.

Anonymous said...

Did you ever think about joining overeaters anonymous?

Anonymous said...

Are you and lawdog1214 butt buddies?

Fat Dan said...

HATEFATDAN=ANONYMOUS
Just to clear it up for everyone who hadn't figured that one out.

Fat Dan said...

I give up. I do not know who you are. You win. I know that you use a kenton.rr.com connection and that is all.

Have a nice day.

Fat Dan said...

Nevermind. I give up on this whole food critic thing. I mean I never taste it anyway. I am too busy ordering my next meal. Maybe HATEFATDAN is right.

Damnit..where are those Cheetos?

Anonymous said...

Guess this is not the jennycraigdan.com site huh???

Anonymous said...

HateFatDan

Are you upset because your Mommy turned you down prior to your posts? Or was it your right hand?

You should relax, chill. Take deep breaths. Maybe while sitting in your car...

while it is running...

in your garage (if you have one - if not, you can borrow mine).