Monday, October 24, 2005

Ryan's (Breakfast)

Ryan's Grill Buffet Bakery
2551 East Tiffin Avenue
Findlay, Ohio 45840

On Saturday Morning I had the opportunity to go eat at Ryan's Grill Buffet Bakery. I have been to Ryan's before for dinner. I mean it is a buffet and I am Fat Dan.

The breakfast buffet ran me about $7 with a water. At first I was concerned that this was a little high for Ryan's. I mean you can have all you can eat steak for under $10 at dinner. I figured out later that the money went to support every butcher east of the Mississippi.

The food:
The buffet was huge with lots of different foods. They had two separate areas to cook eggs to order and omelets. This is always my favorite part of breakfast buffets and I think that more places should have these short order cook stations.

The theme of the buffet though was basically: Meat, Grease, Meat, Grease, Meat, Grease. Every single type of breakfast meat imaginable was covered in at least three varieties. There were even some meats that I wouldn't consider breakfast, such as the chicken tenders.

Everything tasted fine, but of course anything that causes clogged arteries normally tastes good going down.

The service:
The highlight of the buffet was the service. The buffet was well stocked at all times. Everything was hot or cold enough for consumption. The waitress was quick to clear dishes. She also let us know that there is a juice included in the price of the buffet; OJ, Apple, or V8. She also brought me a coffee that I didn't order, but I can't complain about that.

The Rating:
D+ (A+ if on Atkins Diet)
This place is a heart attack waiting to happen. They should have a defibulator sitting next to every table. I would only go here for 2 reasons: Atkins Diet or Extreme Hangover. However, this is just the breakfast. The dinner buffet is one of the best low-priced buffets I have seen. So don't confuse the two, it is a completely different place for breakfast and dinner.

I don't recommend it for breakfast.

2 comments:

Darklawdog said...

If I could eat when I was hungover, I would have to try it out. It is just to close to my house not to go there. I must force myself to try it one day.

Anonymous said...

You do not recommend to eat breakfast at Ryan's? You make it out to sound like it's has everything you need for a breakfast plus more. I have eaten at one of these establishments before and I highly recommend it. If it's healthy items you want; eat them, if it's greasey items you want; eat them. Hence the name BUFFET. Where can you pay $7.00 to eat breakfast at and be full? IHOP, Burger King, or McDonalds, I think not! I know FAT (aka. overweight) people should not be eating at an ALL YOU CAN EAT buffet, but that is another blog that needs publishing!
ENJOY!